Monday, September 22, 2014

The Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants

Thanks so much for taking the time to enjoy the latest gender-switching trailer!

I know there was a huge wait time between the The Women of Wall Street and this, and I thank you for being patient. After the controversy the other trailer caused, I debated long and hard about what my follow-up would be. Should I do the same thing and switch women in for male roles? Or should I move away from genders and stir up something else? After weeks of thinking, I decided to make another trailer, but put a spin on it -- settling on the film, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

It's a movie that focuses on friendships, emotions, and relationships -- three things that people generally associate with a so-called "chick flick".

The reason I made The Women of Wall Street was to break these ideas and stereotypes. I wanted to flip these traditional thoughts and do something different. Just as there are stereotypes for women, there are equally as many male ones. Why isn't it acceptable for a man to cry, or for him to confess to his best friend that he loves him as a friend?  These ideas, thoughts and actions aren't seen as manly, but why? Who made these rules, and why do we continue to follow them?

I did it again shot for shot, and I want to see what people think of this new kind of reversal.

- Nicole Donadio



No comments:

Post a Comment